Gen 1 sensor firmware — version 1.13
Improved precision, improved range discretization, ease-of-use improvements.
Gen 2 sensor beta firmware
Download the latest beta firmware for Gen 2 sensors.
Sensor update process
To update any Ouster product follow these steps:
- Download the newest firmware image from this page.
- Make sure the sensor is on a network with a DHCP server and has gotten a DHCP lease.
- Open a web browser and navigate to the sensor hostname: http://os1-XXXXXXXXXXXX.local
- Using the browse button, select the firmware image you downloaded and click the update button. The sensor initiates its 5 minute update sequence, displays a success message, and automatically reboots at the end:
Firmware change log
- Note: This firmware is only compatible with the Gen1 OS1-64, 32, 16
- Improved precision by 2x
- Improved range discretization to 0.3 cm
- Created one combined user guide that includes hardware and software guide on the sensor webserver
- Added alert UDP_TX_CONN_REFUSED to help troubleshooting
- Added TCP command set_udp_dest_auto to automatically stage UDP destination IP address
- New alerts category UDP_TRANSMISSION to describe errors when attempting to send UDP data
- New alerts category UDP_CONNECT to describe errors when opening UDP sockets
- Dropped columns are now padded out in the FPGA. UDP thread guarantees all output packets will have the 0th column in the packet with (col_id % 16) == 0. Packets with bad CRC are now dropped upstream and replaced with pads
- The CRC valid bit in the UDP packet format now indicates "not a pad packet", since we never send out packets with bad CRCs anymore
- Packets will only be transmitted if all columns in the packet were received and/or padded out by the FPGA
- LIDAR data packets now start cleanly with frame_id = 0 and col_id = 0
- Multiple incoming TCP connections are queued, instead of accepted and immediately closed
- Corrected range bias
- Suppressed inter-channel crosstalk from retroreflectors
- Corrected IMU axis directions to match sensor coordinate frame
- Improved network socket initialization when powering on or reinitializing
NOTEVersion 1.12 unable to downgrade to earlier firmware version 1.11
- Added NMEA $GPRMC UART message support for GPS time synchronization
- Added ability to specify static IPv4 override and enabled IPv4 link-local addressing
- Added additional internal integrity checks
- Added HTTP API for system configuration